The conceptual framework of Raven Quill Collection is innovating new ways to discuss creative revision processes. Comparatively to the history of art, digitization of work is a relatively new phenomenon. Furthermore, relative work as traditionally tangibly concrete may be digitally processed into a variety of intangibly abstractions. Moreover, contextualizing the collection’s items is the Digital Incarnations of the Final Lyric Pages exhibit. Disconnected and integral, the relationship is a game. Tug o' war. Tension and spark.
- Analog and Digital Processes(loosely based on the Syfy’s series Caprica)-distinguishes among the manipulation of tangible concrete components to the intangible abstract components of digitization. Conclusively, digital is not analog. Analog is not digital.
- Digital Incarnation- theoretical framework that describes the movement from the tangibly concrete to the intangible abstraction of digitization. In comparison to birth, incarnation maintains a relationship. Yet, as the introduction mentioned this interrelationship is tense and intense due to deceptive intangibility.
- Digital Insulation-The isolation by digitization of a work from a prior supporting work. Especially notable for a creative work’s transition from tangibly concrete to an intangible abstract digitization, digital insulation is the isolatory support of a non-digital or digital work upon another: Related and interrelated digital works, thus, may experience digital insulation from one another. Related term: Digital Incarnation.
- Deceptive Intangibility- is the phenomenon of equating the tangibly concrete real with that of the intangibly abstract such that distinctions merge. Related term: fluidity of regenerative processing.
- Fluidity of Regenerative Processing- assumes interrelationships and interrelation connections among works. In other words, there are many paths that may lead to the same point or may even forge a new path to another point: the Circularity of Return Principle. Hence, the prevalence of the phrase: fluidity of the Circularity of Return Principle. Moreover, the same process may create products of interrelation distinctions. Each product created through the same process is distinct, but by virtue of the regeneration are interrelated. This may be thought of as similar to Digital Insulation.
- The Principle of Circularity of Return/ Circularity of Return Principle– The circularity functions in similar ways as the corkscrew and spiral models of time: Revisions can repeat what has been done in the past and those same revisions can follow their own course. Yet, a new revision may connect or relate in a way that another revision is integral: Returns to a previous moment along the space-time continuum. Circularity maintains instantaneous connections: Returns may lead to an experience of the Freudian uncanny.
- Regenerative Processing (based loosely around the Syfy’s series Caprica)- is the use of the same process to create a distinct product each time. The process follows the circularity of return principle by returning to the same steps but with continually shifting the path. Related terms: The Principle of Circularity of Return/ Circularity of Return Principle and the Fluidity of Regenerative Processing.